Tracking visits and conversions is mandatory for measuring return on investment.
1. The Different Types of Conversions
* Conversion= we advise you to measure all the actions produced on the whole site (registration, purchase …) and not only on a dedicated landing page to have a more precise ROI of all your acquisition sources.
- Conversion #1: these are visitors who register on your site or subscribe to one of your offers immediately after clicking on a Call To Action button (green action button) on Appvizer.
Example: An entrepreneur compares two programs, including yours on Appvizer, clicks on your “30 Day Free” button sending them to your Landing Page, completes the form and validates it. You then record a direct conversion.
- Conversion #2: these are the visitors who register on your site or subscribe to one of your offers between 1 and 30 days after clicking on a Call To Action button (green action button) on Appvizer.
Example: An entrepreneur reads your product page and then clicks on your “30 Day Free” button. They are then cut off because of a call, but keeps your software in mind. 15 days later, they return to your site and subscribe to an offer. You then record an indirect conversion.
- Conversion #3: These are the visitors who register on your site or subscribe to one of your offers between 1 and 30 days after seeing your solution on Appvizer, without having clicked on a Call to Action button (green action button). In fact, conversions can be measured whether or not you have activated a CPC campaign.
Example: an entrepreneur reads the 4 software sheet, including yours. He gives himself a few days of reflection to compare the opinions on the Internet and in his entourage. 7 days later, he decides to try yours by going directly to your site and without Appvizer. You then record an indirect conversion.
Table of Contents
- Different Methods of Tracking Conversions
- How it works
- Where to place the scripts?
- Google Analytics
Different Methods of Tracking Conversions
This is a free analytics solution made available by Appvizer. It is suitable for more demanding professionals when it comes to measuring ROI. It measures conversions #1, #2 and #3 (conversions after clicking on an ad or following a view of the solution).
How it works
Conversion tracking works through three elements:
- A cookie will be automatically placed by Appvizer on the user’s computer and be valid for 30 days.
- A visit tracking script to be inserted on your Landing Page by you or a member of your team. This one will list the information contained in the cookie to determine if a conversion is to be assigned to Appvizer and its type (direct, indirect, post-view).
- A conversion tracking script to position on the thank you page or the page according to the action expected by the user.
Conversions are displayed in your dashboard within 24 hours of their completion.
Where to place the scripts?
You can find your tracking scripts in your account.
- The first script is to be placed on the whole site in the header (between the tags <head></head>)
- The second tracking script is to be placed on the thank you page of your Landing Page or, more generally, on the page displayed after the user has completed the expected conversion.
Note: RGPD, inform your users about data collection
You have a duty to inform the users of your site of the personal data you collect and process. It is, therefore, your responsibility to report that anonymous personal data is collected via cookies placed by Appvizer tracking scripts. For more information and reference to Appvizer’s current documentation on this subject, please refer to article 6 of this page: https://www.appvizer.com/about/privacy-policy
This is a free analytics solution made available by Google. It is suitable for the majority of professionals and can measure conversions #1 and #2 (conversions after a click on an advertisement).