Several installation methods are possible, depending on the site hosting the code.
- You must know your software identifier(s) in the form "AP-XXXXX". The identifier is found in the URL of the profile editing page accessible from the seller account:
In this example, the identifier is "AP-25655" (AP- followed by the number)
- Each identifier corresponds to a software product referenced in Appvizer.
- In some cases, you may need to use more than one code.
Installing the script
Several installation methods are possible, depending on the site hosting the code:
- Standard installation recommended by Appvizer,
- Installation via Google Tag Manager,
- Installation on WordPress.
Method 2: Installation via Google Tag Manager
To install Appvizer scripts via Google Tag Manager on your site, here is the procedure:
Add a Tag in GTM
Add a tag in GTM allows you to insert the tracking code of visits in GTM.
To do so:
- Connect to GTM
- Click on the Tags menu
- Click on “New”
- Call the tag “Appvizer Visits”
- Click on the grey circle
- Choose the “custom HTML” menu
- Paste the visit script in the window
To create a tag in GTM for tracking conversions, the process is identical to that of visits, you just need to alter the title of the tag: "Appvizer conversions" and the content of the code (that of conversions).
Add a trigger in GTM
The trigger in GTM is the event that launches the tag connected to it. For visits, the trigger is very simple: "all pages viewed".
This means that the tracking of visits will be triggered on all the pages seen by a Visitor. The trigger for Conversions is more complex to determine, as we will see later.
Trigger for the Appvizer Visits tag in GTM
- To add the trigger to the Appvizer Visits tag, open the tag and click on the grey circle in the "Trigger" area
- In the list of triggers, click on All Pages.
- Then click on “save”
Appvizer Conversions tag trigger in GTM
Creating a conversion tag follows the same process as creating a visit tag.
However, the trigger depends on the conversion (or conversions) chosen. Several conversions can be added to the same tag, for example for the following conversions
- sending a contact form (demo request, question, etc.)
- creating a free trial account
- visiting a particular page (of the "thank-you page" type)
To create your trigger, click on the blue Plus (+) at the top right of the Choose a trigger page.
Here is a list of the most commonly used triggers:
"Page view" allows you to choose a specific page as the trigger.
For example: the Visitor arrives on a page whose URL contains /thank you/ for sending a form or /contact/:
Always save the changes and for them to be reflected on the client's site, click on "Send" then "Publish" then "Continue".
To confirm the submission, GTM displays a quote from the Dalai Lama with an animation.